Monday, January 14, 2008

About those Paulistinians...

Though, of course, not all...

The Fusionist Libertarian speaks. I listen:

In fact, they're pretty much this woman I once overheard talking about how much she just loved Michael Jackson. And she just couldn't believe the lies circling about him: that he was a pedophile; that he'd paid off children and their families; that his personal life was deeply, deeply bizarre.

It didn't matter to this woman. She wouldn't even entertain the possibility. Why not? Well, she really loved his music, and how could a man who made such beautiful music possibly be a pedophile?

and Bingo was his name-O.

I know not everyone who supports the man feels this way and this is not geared towards those who are rational. I have friends who will still support Ron Paul and I respect, albeit disagree, with their decision.

I know I'm late to the game on this. I haven't blogged at all about the so-called Paulbots because 1) I never encountered them and 2) I figured once their candidate went away, they'd find better things to do with their time then spam polls and flock to any blog that criticizes their man. Of course, now that I have seen a little more at stake here for liberty lovers than the outcome of a presidential election, I've decided that maybe I do have a few things to say about all of this.

**Paulistinian is a registered trademark of The Liberty Papers :)

2 comments:

Terrence C. Watson said...

Thanks for the plug, ECL. If you're not aware of the Ezra Levant affair yet, I've been posting about it on my blog.

Free speech in Canada ain't what it used to be.

Thanks again!

East Coast Libertarian said...

Terrence,

I am aware of it. I need to watch the videos at some point. It's offensive.