Tuesday, November 6, 2007

So easy to use that I'm an idiot for not doing so sooner...

I have been blogging, if one wishes to call it that, for about 18 months and I just started using a RSS Reader this morning. In less than 10 minutes, I was up and running using the Google Reader. It seems like a good one to use although I'm (obviously) no expert on this.

I think I prefer web-based readers because I tend to blog from at least two different computers.

I can see why people don't like blogs that don't have RSS feeds. It's so much easier to find updated posts that I wonder why I didn't do this sooner.

I would be thrilled if I wasn't a bit embarrassed, although certainly not embarrassed enough to tell the world about my idiocy. :)

2 comments:

Tony said...

My girlfriend just had the same revelation. She asked "what?" when I looked at her funny because she'd discovered this "new" technology.

I'm probably going to try Google reader. I've used Newsgator for several years, but they're switching to a fancier version that I hate. I tried bloglines, but found it too cumbersome for the way I read blogs.

Regardless, web-based is the way to go.

East Coast Libertarian said...

Hey Tony,

I agree. I just loaded up about 50 or so sites on it in about 20 minutes. I'll probably end up adding sites to my reader before I update my blogroll.

If anything, I'll probably keep the blogroll to friends and some of the sites I really like. I had news sites on my last blog and they just take up space. No point if I have a reader.