Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hurricane Noel - Christmas for Surfers and Bodyboarders

Not that I should really like things that can cause great losses of life and property, but as a bodyboarder, I had the pleasure of riding some waves that were left over from the swells caused by Hurricane Noel.

Here is a link with some fantastic pictures of what mother nature offered East Coast surfers and bodyboarders. Luckily for me, I was in the water on Sunday and not Saturday. I didn't have to deal with the overhead stuff but more of the waist-to-chest high variety. Besides, because of the north winds, the Jersey shore was a sloppy mess, but Long Island was gorgeous, as some of those pictures will show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is unfortunate that we love to take our Bodyboard out in the waters after a hurricane due to the damage and disaster it causes. But some need to understand that we yearn for and wait years for waters as such. Such a rush!