Monday, November 26, 2007

The Cato Supreme Court Review now available

Enjoy!!!

I like reading these articles. It demonstrates how little I really know about law.

In any event, I spent a few minutes going through Brannon Denning's article, which is an alternative opinion of Gonzales v Carhart. It is a rather interesting analysis of the Partial Birth Abortion Ban under the Commerce Clause framework put forth in U.S. v Morrison and U.S. v Lopez.

While I know what these cases represent, I am not fully up to speed on the doctrine put forth in those cases. That said, I gleaned enough to enjoy the analysis.

I plan on reading through the rest of these in the coming months, although political blogging and jazz guitar keep me away from any semblance of legal blogging.

2 comments:

KipEsquire said...

Now that you've read the Denning article, do you understand the "World Without Roe" lie about "sending it back to the states"? ;-)

East Coast Libertarian said...

Well Kip,

I'd have to say I don't quite get it in that context...yet, but I absolutely agree with your premise.

I will re-read and come back with something.

Have I disagreed with you in the past about this? I do recall that I might have made a few statements about abortion going back to the states. If I have, I would disagree with my own statements.